Wednesday, July 14

Still Going

As related here, I concluded it was time to replace one of my Continental Grand Prix Four Season tires, based on damage to the tire casing causing me to distrust it. At that time, I bought two replacement tires. However, being one to stretch the envelope a little, I am still using the survivor, 750 miles later, as my rear tire on Buddy. The second replacement tire is safely ensconced in a dark closet, awaiting its own call to glory. Science is more important than an extra flat. Fortunately for me, tire fairies live in the UK and not Texas. That old tire is sitting right about 5000 miles now. And it looks good. Like maybe I'll get even MORE than the 6000 mile target. Yup, I certainly AM tempting the fates. I need to find some wood to knock on, and maybe toss some salt over my shoulder.

4 comments:

Velouria said...

Wow, now that is a decent track record!

Justine Valinotti said...

I ride Conti 4-seasons on both of my Mercians. I have long been impressed with their durability. But what I like best is that their ride is so much nicer than other tires made for durability, such as the Specialized Armadillos. The only thing I dislike about Contis is the price. Then again, given their durability, they are worth the money.

Steve A said...

The price on the Contis DOES require one to do a quick sucking in of the breath and an act of faith to hand over the money for them. That I have done so twice now says I think it's worth it.

Ham said...

Hmmm, and there I was thinking the p*nct*re Fairy was on holiday at the moment. So if she isn't in the UK, and not in the US.....

Actually, I really don't want to know

Post a Comment

No Need for Non-Robot proof here!