Saturday, December 19

Yeti in Bedord?

Legendary "Cyclaris Vehicularis." More than just a tall tale?
Yeti - a legendary, perhaps mythical creature said to ride a bike on our streets, in our very own cities, in a vehicular manner. The "Cyclaris Vehicularis." Real, or imaginary? You be the judge.

Today, while coming back from Sanger, I got a text message from my oldest daughter, Erin (shown below as "E." I'll be "D.":

E: "We just saw a Yeti!'
D: "Silly Erin! So tell me!"
E: "Abbey saw him too. He was cycling under an overpass in the middle of the 12 ft wide bike lane ..."
D: "Did you get pictures or an interview?"
E: "No. He was too fast for use - all pictures would have been blurry."

Later, E indicated he was bundled up against the cold. That has a touch of realism. Real Yeti almost surely depend on more than just their natural insulation. Some say they're bundled up like Randy in "A Christmas Story."

Now, a couple of facts stand out. Unlike many Yeti sightings, this one actually had a corroborating witness. That means it rises above the usual "one of my friends told me one of their friends saw a Yeti."

ON THE OTHER HAND, there was nothing in the way of documentary evidence, instead resorting to the "blurry picture" dodge favored by conspiracy theorists and UFOlogists.

I suppose it's possible. I may be just one of those people that never see one, just as some people never see ghosts or chupacabras. They say he remained in sight for nearly a minute. No photos. We'll have to put this one into the "possible but not definite" category.

Past reference to Yeti on this blog is here and on occasion afterwards.

3 comments:

Velouria said...

People who cycle have a clear obligation to have a camera with fast capture capability at the ready at all times; your post is just further evience of this!

Dottie said...

Ha, I probably look like a yeti while cycling in the winter :)

RANTWICK said...

Some time ago I promised to hand over any Yeti footage I capture from the bike without posting on it or anything: I will defer to you, the foremost authority on such sightings.

I wish to renew this pledge. So far, I keep thinking I've "got one", but seconds later my possible Yetis do something like return to the sidewalk. Hope springs eternal...

Post a Comment

No Need for Non-Robot proof here!